Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Pros & Cons
Check out pros and cons about the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso that are worth highlighting for a potential buyer. Here are some of the highlights of the benefits of buying the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso. We’ll also list out the S-Presso drawbacks to help you make an informed buying decision.
- Astonishing Fuel Efficiency : Maruti Suzuki S-Presso has always been a very efficient city hatchback. The addition of the new dual-jet petrol engine has made it even more efficient, with the claimed fuel efficiency going up to 25kmpl. Couple that with the affordable and hassle-free service experience of Maruti Suzuki cars and you are in for a likeable ownership experience.
- SUV-Like Ground Clearance : Maruti Suzuki S-Presso offers a ground clearance of 180mm. It is rather impressive for a SUV-styled hatchback and will help deal with road imperfections with ease.
- Proven Reliability Of The K10 Petrol Engine : The K10 petrol engine has served Maruti for over a decade now. We have sampled this engine in the Wagon-R, Alto K10, Celerio and other Maruti Suzuki hatchbacks. It offers fantastic reliability, efficiency, refinement and ease-of-use. Along with that, Maruti Suzuki’s automated manual transmission (AMT) has also proven its reliability as one of the most dependable and smoothest AMTs around.
- Impressive After-Sales Support And Resale Value : After-sales service is the backbone of Maruti Suzuki in India. The S-Presso enjoys a reassuring after-sales network and it is very easy to find a qualified technician for Maruti Suzuki cars even in remote locations. And while the S-Presso is not as popular as the Wagon-R and Alto, it will have good resale value, thanks to the brand value of Maruti Suzuki.
- Substantially Smaller Than The Renault Kwid : The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is 166mm shorter and 59mm narrower than its arch-rival, the Renault Kwid. It also gets a 42mm shorter wheelbase, a 9L smaller boot than the Renault Kwid and has a 4mm lower ground clearance too. The only redeeming aspect of the S-Presso’s dimensions is its height, which is 79mm more height than the Kwid’s.
- Kwid Offers Marginally Better Performance : Maruti Suzuki S-Presso offers 67PS of power and 89Nm of torque, which are marginally lower than the Kwid’s 68PS of power and 91Nm of torque specifications.
- Missing Features : The 2022 update of the S-Presso added power mirrors, in the top variant but it still misses out on a few features. These features include rear power windows, rear wiper with washer, rear defogger, rear camera, day/night inside rear view mirror and LED DRLs.
- Expensive LXI Variant : The LXi variant of the S-Presso offers poor value for your money and is not worth buying. It lacks some must-have features too like wheel covers, 14-inch wheels, music system, remote central locking, front power windows and body coloured bumpers.
Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Competitors
Tata Tiago Expert Reviews
If you have to frequently ride over big speed breakers or rough roads, then you need a car...
Even on a shoestring budget of less than Rs. 5.0 (ex-showroom), you can buy a car with...
While SUVs are gaining popularity across the world for their road presence, at least for...
If you’re looking to buy a car with high ground clearance and an ex-showroom price...
This article will give you a perspective of the engine specs, like displacement, power,...
24.76 - 32.73 kmplMileage
Petrol, CNGFuel Type
5 SeaterSeat Capacity
Tata Tiago Variants Explained
Tata Tiago Videos
Tata Tiago Related Videos
₹10.45 - ₹19.49 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹9.53 - ₹10.48 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹10.48 - ₹18.99 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹11.99 - ₹23.90 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹10.44 - ₹18.24 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹6.24 - ₹9.18 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹7.70 - ₹14.18 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹7.99 - ₹13.96 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹10.00 - ₹18.00 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹5.93 - ₹9.49 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹7.53 - ₹12.57 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹7.49 - ₹13.99 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹5.88 - ₹8.15 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹6.49 - ₹9.71 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹11.99 - ₹15.49 lakh**Ex-showroom price